Joan E. Wakeland-Taylor's book, The Run For Freedom Golden Nuggets For Success In Life and Business, had been described as, a must read, a fabulous journey to success, she is a beacon of light, courageous, honest, kind and spiritually grounded. Just the kind of woman we all need to learn from!
Joan’s life continues to be an amazing journey. From her experiences growing up in Jamaica, then coming to America with a child, $50 and a suitcase, to navigating a corporate career in the pharmaceutical industry. She is a rare combination of honesty, spiritual grounding, kindness, sense of humor, hard work, strength, selfless giving, loving and tolerant. She makes everyone feel valued and important!! ….Love you Joan, Mike W. Dalton, M.B.A
The book "The Run For Freedom Golden Nuggets For Success In Life and Business,” is a fresh look to a subject that we all need to gain more knowledge on.…Robbie Motter, Founder Global Society of Female Executives
Joan E. Wakeland-Taylor has written the quintessential inspiration for rising above and moving forward to lead a life of meaning and impact… Patti Cotton, President, Cotton Group
Joan is donating proceeds from this book to Helping Hands Orphanage in Malawi Africa. Helping Hands Orphanage is committed to meet their objective to provide help to the helpless orphans and the elderly. This is done through the provision of education, farming, nutrition (feeding program), Good traditional values, sporting activities, teaching the Word of God, and through the learning centers and clinic outreach programs.
Here are some suggestions that I have used to help conquer my fears:
1. Faith: Have Faith ..Trust God he knows best! Learn to “Trust the Process”!
2. Expectancy: Expect to get what you choose, if you choose fear you will always live in “Fearville “city, so choose to be successful then expect it! You can live in Success Heights! Yes you can! Spend less than you earn, Get Disciplined, it can help prevent the fear of lack!
3. Attitude & Action : Develop a good attitude, your life will be so much easier. Decide what you want, Prepare a Plan of Action, Practice, Practice, Practice to be good at whatever you choose to do. Then Execute! Be Passionate! Stay focused, be persistent - don’t quit! Use your time wisely, it cannot be recycled!
4. Responsibility & Respect: respect others and know that You are responsible for yourself! Don’t play the Blame Game! According to Zig Ziglar “It is Not Your Papa Dic Tate, Not your Mama Ro Tate, Not your Aunt Irri Tate or your Sister Agi Tate that cause you to be who you are. It’s the choices that you make! It’s all on you, so choose well my friend Check out GrandMa FaciLilly Tate she will help you Meditate! She will tell you to read the Good Book. It is the bottom line!
5. Watch your tongue, Be Positive! The words you speak go to the universe and you will be connected to those who can help you! Write the vision,make it plain! That helps to make fear irrelevant, do a vision board!
6. Stay focused!
7. Carpe Diem! Seize the Day! Expect a Miracle, and get out of your comfort zone. Nothing different is happening there but the same old shit, different day!
8. Change! Don’t do the same thing all the time and expect different results. That is insanity ! Change your mindset! How hungry are you? How determined are you to attain your Dreams? Dare to be Limitless, Dare to be unstoppable, I Dare you to be Fearless!